Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 years ago today...life changing



2 years ago today, Cameron and I walked over to an unknown neighbors house because I heard they had adopted a baby boy. We rang the doorbell and our lives would be changed forever!! I did not know the power of that moment. Christy welcomed us in and Kidus was running around. My heart was so full of God's spirit I felt such a clear message that day. We left an hour later and I went right home and got on the CWA website.

Above are the 2 original photos that I saw of Tess on the waiting children's list. As soon as I saw her sweet face I knew she was meant to be our daughter. I couldn't wait for Jeff to get home so I could talk to him about Tess. As always he was so loving and supportive about our adoption. His exact words were "with the millions of orphaned children in Ethiopia, it is not a coincidence that Tess's picture came into our home on the other side of the world...It is the path God is choosing for us."

The next morning I called CWA and in 4 months we were in Ethiopia picking up Tess. I am so humbled and thankful that God gave us so much patience and clarity during the 2 1/2 years we waited for our China adoption...he kept our hearts open and willing to wait for his sign...2 years ago today it was so clear on what He wanted for our family...Tesfanesh Grace Duarte Jonas.

No comments: