Friday, April 16, 2010

Mission trip vs. Humanitarian trip

TEAM ETHIOPIA...the girls...and the guys

We are safely back from Ethiopia. We are tired, inspired, sad, transformed. Re-entry back into everyday life has proved challenging...
It was amazing to feel the presence of God with us the entire time we were in Ethiopia. I learned on this trip, from Dorothy who joined us from South Africa, that the differnece between a mission trip and a humanitarian trip is working for the good of God vs. the good of man. It was clear after the first day that we were there for God and he was going to lay out our path and bless it. Amazing stories unfolded and major changes took place that lead us exactly where we were supposed to be. We saw what we were meant to see so that we could come home and continue to work on behalf of these beautiful God loving people. We were blessed to work side by side with them each day. Our hearts are full and our spirits are strong so that we will remember them and come back to keep giving them hope.
I will post photos as I collect them from everyone...

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I always find a lot of controversy on mission trip vs. humanitarian trip. I know that I go on humanitarian trips because I do what I do because of my love for the children and the families and because I care for and respect them and want to see their living conditions improved, and not because i want to please a higher being or feel led to do it because of that. I try not to get offended if people call me a missionary. I enjoy hearing thoughts on that subject though.

Kimber said...

Can't wait to read more about it or hear more about it!

Brianne said...

welcome home!