Sunday, June 22, 2008

...the something that I can do!

I have been struggling with finding perspective on our amazing lives as I learn about the devastating circumstances in Africa.  People living with virtually nothing, most are lucky to get 1 meal a day, children dying of starvation every 7 seconds and Aids continuing to wipe out an entire generation.  These are real lives, souls, loving mothers helplessly watching their children suffer.
Jeff and I teach our kids about giving. We donate, sponsor 15 kids through World Vision, took a mission trip to Mexico to  work at an orphanage and we pray...yet it does not feel like enough.  We are learning more about Africa everyday.  It is our daughters birth country. We are forever tied to it.  
I now stop and think twice about what we spend money on.  That extra $10.00 could feed a child for a week.  And yet we drive our SUV's and go to Starbucks. I'm trying to find the balance between enjoying what we have been blessed with and all that we have learned on this amazing journey.

No comments: