Friday, June 5, 2009

In my art studio...

The counter where I design my jewelry ...
Jeff's part of the studio...his desk and art collection...
the main work table in the studio...
some of my pieces ready to go to the stores or art galleries...
Tess sitting next to me going through boxes of old photos...




I love spending my days in my studio. I have a jewelry business which I run from my home art studio.   Tess loves to be with me in the studio while I work.  Sometimes she paints, sometimes she plays with clay and sometimes she'll make a nacklace...but, One of her favorite things to do is take out some boxes of old photos and go through them.  She loves to see photos of the other kids when they were little  and Jeff and I when we were young.  It really makes her laugh.  She asks so many question about everyone in the pictures.  I guess she's trying to piece together our past-which she missed out on.  Sometimes it make me sad that I didn't know her when she was a little girl 2 or 3 years old...I wonder what she was like??? We end up spending time in here together almost every day.

1 comment:

emily v. said...

Dear Jonas fam!
I love reading your blog and have so enjoyed following your adoption journey to your beautiful Tess. My husband and I are in the process (waitlist #16!) of adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia so your journey both inspires and encourages me!
Your family looks so fun and full of joy! Love it!

Joyful-
Emily V.
Athens, GA

PS: love your jewelry, do you sell any of it online or have an Etsy shop??