Wednesday, October 21, 2009

DO HARD THINGS




Funny...when I look back on old posts it was all about Tess...she is doing so well that she is now just a "regular" Jonas.  I feel like my focus has changed a bit towards my teenagers-who seem very needy all of the sudden :)  At Saddleback Church this past Sunday I saw this book and it really hit home with me for Bennett and Christine...DO HARD THINGS by Alex and Brett Harris.  These boys are twins from Oregon and have written such an insightful book that anyone with or related to a teenager should buy them this book.  It really speaks to kids about stepping it up and doing more than is expected of them in today's self-serving society...even if it's HARD!! ...worth a read...and you should read it too -guaranteed to put a spark in you too!!

3 comments:

Lory Howlett said...

Great book! Dave and Allison (our oldest) read it together last year!

CHRISTINE... your favorite CHILD EVER said...

GREAT... so now im a needy burden... hahahah good thing you love me! :)

Anonymous said...

I am about half way through and it's great. One of the youth at my church gave it to me. Very good read!