Sunday, May 2, 2010

...for our friends



I have to say that one of my favorite parts of the trip was giving away all the supplies we brought. I think about being alone in my guest bedroom at home with donations of clothes and shoes piled high, sorting clothes...thinking about who they would go to...and then being there face to face and handing out these same clothes and watching the smiles and gratitude...It is the most amazing feeling ever! I remember we had tons of kids clothes. I stopped and thought that there would be workers at acacia village that could probably use clothes as well. I went upstairs to Bennett and Jeff's closet and grabbed a bunch of clothes, then went to my closet and CHristine's and grabbed some more. I was so glad I did because all the workers at acacia village were 17-24. The larger clothes we packed allowed us to give each one pants/shorts, rainbow sandals, a tshirt or sweatshirt, toothbrush and toothpaste. Dorothy sorted all the clothes into piles while we were painting. At the end of the day we called each worker up and they got their new clothes. It was easily one of the best moments I have ever had. God rained blessings on all of us that day!!

1 comment:

Engendo said...

wow! so beautiful!