Thursday, December 3, 2009

A conversation with Tess

Tess came home from school today talkative as usual...but her story was so cute I have to share it...
Tess: "I like to teach things to people"
Me: " that's great, what do you like to teach?"
Tess: "well, today my friend and I were talking and she asked me, "what does 'stepfather' mean?"
Me: What did you tell her?
Tess: I told her that if your dad died and your mom married a new man, he would be your stepfather.
Me: wow, that's exactly right!

I am always so surprised she knows what some of these words mean!!... here she is teaching english words to an american child after only 15 months here!! She continues to amaze us!!

She was also helping me stuff our Christmas cards in the envelopes and she said " Just think, mom, next year A.(our new daughter) will be in our cards too. We are going to have to take all new pictures with her". She is so excited! She talks about her new sister all the time. This week we were fingerprinted and had our updated physicals...keeping things moving along!!!

No comments: