Sunday, February 21, 2010

the calling...

I can't explain how strong the calling is for me to be in Ethiopia and for me to be helping these kids! I am often baffled because I thought my calling was to adopt and bring them home...so how can I be there??? I follow so many inspirational blogs and read countless testamonies of God's work being done all over Africa. It just calls me to join them!
I have to do a lot of self talking to remind myself that my 4 children still need me here...my work is not done here yet. So the compromise is that I will work here on behalf of those who can be over there right now. I will raise $ and collect supplies and we will bring these things to them. I am so excited to be organizing this trip to Ethiopia. I am so grateful to have such great friends to come along with us and join us and take on our passion as their own. I am grateful and humbled!!

1 comment:

* said...

I COMPLETELY understand the strong calling to serve the children in Ethiopia. God bless you for finding a way to balance motherhood and servanthood!