Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Forever Friends!!

I'm not sure if  you know why we changed our adoption from China to Ethiopia...meet Kidus!  He is a sweet, spunky little friend that lives around the corner from us and without even knowing it, changed our lives, especially Tess's, FOREVER!  A friend told me that there was a family around the corner that had just adopted a little boy.  Since we don't know too many people with babies anymore, I thought I should introduce myself so that the babies could be friends...It was march 10, 2008...
 Christy told me about their adoption process with CWA ( 7 months long). After waiting 2 1/2 years for China,   I decided to contact her agency and ask some questions. CWA  sent me a list of children in their 3 orphanages waiting for homes. The very next day... March 11,2009 I saw Tess's sweet face for the first time.  I was home alone, but when Jeff got home from work I sat him down and showed him her photo and asked what he thought about an older child...the rest is history...
So without even knowing it Kidus's sweet personality won us over and led us to Tess.  And we found forever friends in Christy, Brad, Justin (11), Ethan(7) and Kidus(almost 2).  The kids love to play together and having them so close is a blessing!  Tell me God didn't have a hand in this!!