Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How do you communicate???



I think the question that I get asked the most is "How 's the communication going?  Tess is slowly getting enough english words to make herself understood...here are some examples...
"mommy going dogs Tess no?"  means "am I going for a walk with the dogs and is she staying home?  
"ice cream good no. ice cream house good yes"  means I don't like this ice cream, I like the one at home better
"mommy house going" means please stop running errands with me and take me home!!
"Cameron no Charlie house Tess no cameron going?" means why does Cameron get to go to CHarlies house and I don't!"
"daddy work no daddy house?" means when is daddy coming home from work.
"mommy-food" means I'm hungry
So some how I am really understanding most everything she says.  She has stopped talking to me in Amharic as I think she realized it was not working too well.  When she gets worked up though, it comes pouring out!  We just stand there listening, and thinking..."that's so cool!!"  She just gets frustrated.  She loves to answer the phone so if you call us, she will be the one answering!