Monday, January 26, 2009

Bold and Proud...


The beauty of being on this journey with other beautiful, giving people is the support and caring we have for each other!  Every blog I post or read ties us together and allows us to share in our amazing journey with these extraordinary children.  My sweet friend...otherwise know as Kidus' mom, Christie, sent me this great article from Oprah Magazine about another family's struggles and experiences raising their Ethiopian daughter.  The article really hit home.  I felt like I was reading an article about Tess...especially when she described her daughter as BOLD and PROUD.  That is Tess to a T!  I had never used the word PROUD to describe her but as I read the article it struck a cord.  These kids are from very proud tribes and that carries through regardless of where they are now.  The struggles this little girl in the article went through are similar to Tess's as she is also the only black girl at her school also.  She tells me she sees other kids wisper about her and that they are not always nice.  We have come a long way and just knowing others are working through the same things is really encouraging.  So thanks to all who share words and advice so we can help these kids transition into their new worlds!!

1 comment:

Beth and Ryan said...

I love reading your blog and your experiences with Tess. What a beautiful family!