Friday, January 2, 2009

greetings from Mexico 2008






Well, we got off to a VERY rocky start...
The 6 of us arrived at Los Angeles airport at 6:30 am.  We shuttled over to the terminal and checked in...or tried to...I had not brought the correct papers for Tess, who is still on an Ethiopian passport!!  Yes, they did not let her board the plane!!  It's a long story, which includes a trip to the Mexican Embassy in LA, but I thought ther passport with her valid R-4 visa in it was enough...WRONG!!  I needed proof of residency...which I had-at home.
SOOO, Jeff and the 3 kids left for Mexico and Tess and I stayed 4 more hours in the airport trying to get on some kind of flight to Puerta Vallarta.
Flash forward 24 hours and we were almost there...Jeff and the kids picked us up the following night and our vacation was officially under way...

No comments: