Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back to reality...

Well, I had a great 2 weeks off from my life!!  I decided to join Jeff on his business trip to Europe and my mom came to stay with the kids.   All went well.  We had a very cold and rainy trip but Italy is always magical no matter what...and I loved visiting with my 93 year old grandmother in Portugal who kept asking me all about Obama!!  I thought that was so cute!  I loved staying at my aunt's and spending time with them...It's hard to live so far away.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...my mom did just fine being me!!  She said Tess and Cameron were great and Bennett was never around...AHHH  teenagers!!  What a great mom I have!!  That was a big task!! Thanks mom!!OX

Tess did really well considering this was the first long trip (12 days)  away from her.  We only spoke about 4 times while we were gone...My mom said Tess was a good girl but has a very strong personality...that's the boldness I always talk about...she said we're in for it when she's older...ha-ha.

My mom also shared that she had some really deep conversations with Tess about her past and her family.  I thought it was great that Tess opened up and really shared a lot about her past with my mom.  I always want her to feel she can openly speak about it...it's part of who she is.  

Anyway, still jetlagged so goodnight.  I'll get some new photos tomorrow.

No comments: