Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Miss President???

We are slowly getting back in our family groove...I was in the kitchen cooking dinner tonight and Tess came in and started talking to me...
"Mom, what if someday I am the President?"
Yes, this bold little girl will settle for nothing less...trust me if she could she probably would.  She is so determined and competitive that she might actually go for it!!  So I had to decide whether to burst her bubble or go along with it...I decided to be honest and tell her that she could never be the president of America because she was not born here.  She didn't really understand. I explained that she was born in Ethiopia and that she could not become our president because the law says she would have to be born in America.
BUT...the point is she thought about it and had decided she wanted to be President!!  That is very bold for an 8 year old child who has only been speaking english for a few months!! She literally sees no boundries and is not intimidated by anything...it's going to be a wild journey watching her bloom!!!

1 comment:

Brad and Christy Sherrell said...

Glad you are back. Trust that Tess will be whatever she wants to be. I can see her as the first Ethiopian born Governator!