Thursday, October 16, 2008

meeting the family!!!

This was a very special trip for us because Tess got to meet her Vovo and Vovo (grandparents) and her Aunt Eva and Uncle Jeff and my nieces, Brooke and Brittany.  We spent the first day of our trip at my sister Eva's house.  Her daughters are 7 and 8 years old so the girls hit it off.  Tess never saw so many toys in her life. We really don't have any toys at home because the kids are much older.( but...even when my kids were young, we never had that many toys!) They have a big basement full of girly girl toys...kitchens, dolls, ponies,dress up clothes, games...Tess did not hesitate to jump right in!!
My parents were so very happy to finally meet their newest grandchild!  They had been in Portugal since our trip to Ethiopia this summer so this was our first chance to get together.

We lucked out and had 3 birthdays while we were there...mine, my dad's and Brooke's.  Here we are toasting my dad and my birthdays!!  CHEERS!!!
At Brooke's birthday party...Vovo and Vovo with all the granddaughters...  Too bad we all live so far apart!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santos family loves the blog! Great to see Christine is enjoying school....Tess looks wonderful and we think about you guys all the time.
Have a Merry Christmas. Love, Mario Michele and Oliver!