Tuesday, November 4, 2008


I am obsessed with reading adoption blogs!!  I just love to see the lives of these sweet children changed forever! I find it so fascinating to learn about the great work being done around the world for orphans everywhere...and yet there is so much to be done and so many ways to be involved.  We have met so many wonderful famlies through this great journey.  It has opened us up to a whole world that we did not know existed.  We are now involved with fundraising and working for the new CWA orphanage in Addis Ababa, and Bennett is now A TOMS shoe rep at his high school-planning events and getting shoes donated to kids who have none!  We plan on going on a "shoe drop" to deliver these shoes to Ethiopia.  Christine and Bennett both want to do mission trips next summer...I just love it.  It's such a gift to be part of the work being done.  It really gives meaning and perspective to everything else in life...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is so awesome- I LOVE Toms Shoes and had no idea they were planning a shoe drop in Ethiopia! By the way... if your kids are ever looking for a good organization to do mission work iwth I HIGHLY recommend Hero Holiday http://heroholiday.absolute.org/ It is amazing, and based mostly for high school students. That is what I started with (10 day DR trip, then month long DR trip as a summer intern) and it totally changed my life. Just thought I would pass on the link!