Friday, March 13, 2009

a heartbreaking video...





As usual I was reading blogs from inspirational people and I happened on a blog of a couple that does mission work in Africa.  The video of them coming inot the village and finding 2 little starving kids on the ground was just too much.  I tried to find it today to post but couldn't and it's probably for the better because it is haunting me...It made me think that we really need to do more.  When I see these children (one was 7 years old and looked like a small 2 year old) I just can't stop trying to do more.  I wish I could tell everyone that adopting is such an amazing gift!  We did not adopt because we had extra time...or energy...or money.  We adopted because these children need a family and we had one.  You don't need to be special or perfect or amazing...you just need to open your heart to a child that otherwise has nothing.  Our family was far from perfect..We've been through thick and thin , hissy fits, backtalk and just plain old melt downs.  I hit the bed each night completely pooped!!  But I wouldn't trade a thing.  We are here to do more.  It makes me sad that our world has become about "stuff"...it needs to be about people, children, giving, reaching and doing.
Please go to kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com
Read about what this amazing girl is doing.  She is now mothering 14 orphans and teaching hundreds more.  She is in her 20's, single and has moved to Uganda to help these kids...WOW!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are breaking with you. Everyday we ponder "what more could we be doing?"...and "what is preventing us from doing it?" We are so quick to speak but so slow to act. I know that God is stirring us and preparing our hearts to for more.

God bless you and thank you for this post,

The Howletts

The B Family said...

I love Katie's blog. Her posts are always inspiring and seem to put things in perspective.

I think this is the video you were looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7ZQUzr0yo

Here's the follow-up video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-4WKcrb5s


Enjoy your blog also. Tess is such a precious, spunky little girl!
Christina