Thursday, September 18, 2008

Playdate with Greta




Today Tess had a playdate at our house with her little friend Greta.  She is Tess's first friend that is not a family friend.  They are in the same first grade class.  Greta's little sister, Hayden, wanted to stay so I had her mom leave them both.   I was observing how Tess is doing at playing with other kids her age.  Here's what I saw...
The girls really did not play "together".  I'm not sure if it is a lack of language or if Tess really doesn't know how to play with toys, with other kids.  I pulled out the Barbies that my sister sent me from her daughters and watched. Greta played with a big Dora doll and Hayden played with the Barbies.  Tess watched and wandered around.  I notice that even on her own she has a very limited attention when playing with toys.  I think she has never had them so she doesn't know how to entertain herself with them.  I have tried to get her to play with toys so I can get some work done...and it never works. She plays for about 2 minutes and then is right back at my side.  She will sit and watch me play with them,  but she can not do it on her own...interesting.  She will stay very engaged when it comes to sports, but not toys...just an observation. 
 The girls did play together when I gave them lollipops and took photos...they giggled and had a ball...ahhhh sugar...its universal!!!

1 comment:

fungaga said...

Que giro o que contas. Será que é mesmo falta de hábito ou ela que não gosta mesmo de bonecas? E ela gosta de pintar e modelar? Cá em casa, isso entretem bastante...