Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Make Luck Happen!!


I read this today and really liked it so I thought I'd pass it on...

"They say chance favors the prepared mind.  Luck, on the other hand, favors the receptive heart.  It doesn't drop by unexpectedly. It isn't random. Luck is earned.  You prepare yourself for luck.  The road to luck is a journey, and it's rarely an easy trip.  But luck happens to the pioneers, the risk-takers, the freethinkers, the nonconformists.  The artists and the dreamers.  Those who are open to the moment of serendipity they've prepared for their entire lives.  
Make Luck Happen! 
 Give Just Because!
 Live Tremendous Lives!  
Be Responsible For Your  Own Luck!"

I could really relate to this! I feel that  Jeff and I, and the kids do live our lives with an open  receptive heart! And because we made luck happen, we are  blessed with an amazing, smart, funny,  beautiful little girl from Ethiopia. I think back to when we all sat down together at the dining room table and all decided "yes!" we wanted to bring an orphan into our family. Each of us said yes with out hesitation.  I can't even imagine what we would have missed out on had we not lived our life with open hearts... 

No comments: